Tongass Rainforest Festival


Susan Christensen is currently busy with several projects. As she says, "I am working on several small, three-dimensional figures for the Tongass Rainforest Festival coming up September 3-12 here in Petersburg. Most of the work will incorporate fabric that I created in the fabulous lichen dye workshop presented by Karen Casselman (www.antiquequiltdating.com/Lichen_Dyes-The_New_Source_Book.html) of Nova Scotia during last years' festival. I also made a muslin figure which I
have buried out in my woods
until the week before the art show, hoping the time underground will stain and mark the muslin in wonderful ways."
For more information on the festival, see www.tongassrainforestfestival.org. The art show opening is Friday, September 3 at the Clausen Memorial Museum in Petersburg. You can follow the progess on this and Susans' other work via the link to her blog under the Members' Blogs section of this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment